Version 2020.1.1 | Last revision 28 August 2020
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES PURPLE PUPPY COLLECT?
- Purple Puppy collects information like but not limited to, name and surname, telephone numbers, email addresses, VAT and company registration details and physical addresses.
- Purple Puppy stores and uses where necessary from delivery of services as requested by clients.
- Personal data is stored locally in our offices and backups of data are stored using Microsoft Services where deemed necessary.
- Personal data is never shared with 3rd
- Purple Puppy does not store personal information longer than needed, with the exception where personal data is required for legal reasons.
- We may also Collect other information, including your interests, preferences, purchasing behaviour, transactional information, geographical location (which could include various technologies that determine your actual location, such as geographical data from your mobile device (GPS or IP location)) and demographics (e.g., age, gender, and income information).
- We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Information we Collect to only that to which you consent (for example, in the context of online membership registration, message boards, surveys, polls, receiving newsletters, SMS and other mobile services).
- When you visit our Website, or use our email our web server automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide services or content you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic means our newsletters or other services in which you express an interest)
- Allow you to participate in recreational activities on the Website (e.g. promotional events)
- Inform you of changes made to our website or when new products or promotion become available
- Respond to any queries you may have
- Develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section
- Understand general trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing strategies for our services; and
- For security, administrative and legal purposes.
- Where you choose to receive mobile services and content via SMS, MMS and other mobile services, we use this information to deliver such mobile services and content to you, to carry out market research, to track sales data and to plan other promotional activities which may be of interest to you.
WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
- We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- Promoting our services and products
- We will never use or sell your information to market to 3rd parties
- You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Information for the purposes of marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place up to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Collect online or that was offered by you when making use of our a service.
- While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
- When processing Credit or Debit cards we never store personal data, transactions are processed by our bank using secured methods.
HOW WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We store your Personal Information in South Africa. We may also or alternatively store your Personal Information on and transfer your Personal Information to a central database located in South Africa and or external servers. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction. Your data will also be stored using Microsoft Services and therefore applicable to their terms of service, unless you instruct us not to make use of their service for your data.
WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
- Purple Puppy will never share your personal data with 3rd parties unless it is deemed necessary to provide you with the service you have requested from us, we never grant permission for 3rd parties to use your data except to provide service.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION dNCT HOLDS ABOUT YOU?
- To see the Personal Information we have collected through our website or our service that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use of your Personal Information.
- To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access. If you have any additional questions about Personal Information, we hold about you, please contact us at or visit firstname.lastname@example.org
USE OF THE WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
- Our website and content sent from our email service are always child friendly. For users under the age of 18 a parent’s permission will be required to place orders with us.
will be posted on this Website so that you are always informed of the latest policies.
GOVERNING LAW (POPIA)